I'm linking up with Modern Mrs. Darcy to share what I read in November.
Here are my November reads and reviews.

I did a full review of this one here.

I read this with my ladies group at church. It lead to some great discussions about habits good and bad. The chapters are fairly short with a challenge at the end. It's a great book for personal introspection and growth. I would suggest starting with the first book, The Good and Beautiful God.

This was a lovely book, and it gave me a lot to think about. It wasn't an easy read even though it's quite short. It deals with theology and end of life thoughts. It's one to pick up if your in the mood for some thing slow and thought provoking.

This was a condensed but thorough look at all of the popular personality schools of thought. I'm a big fan of Anne Bogel, and I love her writing style. Give this a try if you enjoy those personality tests that are so popular on Facebook.

This was my "bubble gum" book for the month. It had an interesting plot, and the writing kept me interested the whole time, but I struggled with how much this woman led these two men along. One poor guy had been stranded on a deserted island for years, but she was the one struggling with the situation. Very angsty. I don't know if I would really recommend it.

This was the Modern Mrs. Darcy Book Club pick for November. It's by the author of Anne of Green Gables. I really enjoyed, but the language felt more dated to me than the Anne books. I may pick up the second book in the series at some point.

I enjoyed this novella. It got a little heavy at the end, but for the most part it was a sweet Christmas read. I'm looking forward to reading more by this author in the future.
What did you read this month? Let me know in the comments.
I enjoy Lee Smith's books. :D I'm also interested in reading Reading People. I'm new to Anne's blog, and I enjoy it so much!
ReplyDeleteI'm linking over from Modern Mrs. Darcy,
xo,
Ricki Jill