Monday, August 27, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading? Bout of Books Wrap Up

I'm linking up with Book Date to share this week's TBR.

Just finished:
FloraFunny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America

Up next:
Gaudy Night (Lord Peter Wimsey, #12)Shelter of the Most High (Cities of Refuge, #2)

My goals for Bout of Books 23 were to read three books and read a chapter in Middlemarch every day. I read two books and five chapters in Middlemarch. I'm pretty happy with my results. I'm at a place in my reading life where I read about a book a week. I'm just not consuming books like I used to. I'm moving into a season where I'm going to be doing more publisher reviews, and I'm really excited about that. I have a bunch of books that I'm really looking forward to queued up on my Kindle. I can't wait to share them with you all.

What are you reading this week? Did you participate in Bout of Books? Let me know in the comments.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week of reading for BOB 23! I essentially met my reading goals for BOB 23. I read two you adult novels, Turtles All The Way Down by John Green and Dear Martin by Nic Stone. Both novels were good reads. I also began listening to the unabridged audio version of Enchantment by Orson Scott Card, but didn't get as far as I would have liked in this book as I had two days of little to no reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on getting so much reading done. I wish BoB could be a national reading holiday. I'd get so much more done.

      Delete
  2. I didn't do Bout of Books. Maybe in January. I also have quite a stack of review books coming up soon. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Flora...love Gail Godwin! I read it in 2013.

    Hope you enjoy your reading and your week. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flora made me ugly cry. I had to leave the room and compose myself.

      Delete
  4. Thoaw booka look great. See what I read this month at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't participate in the Bout of the Books. My goal was to finish Does My Head Look Big in This and then I promptly misplaced the book and only found it again on Saturday. My weekly updates

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the audio of Funny in Farsi and I'm looking forward to getting to it soon! You did great this BoB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Funny in Farsi would be great in audio. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄