Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Books That Had Me Worried

I don't read scary books. I do most of my reading at night, and I have no desire to give myself nightmares. Scary doesn't appeal to me, but intense does. Here are a few books that kept me on the edge of my seat, and had me guessing about the outcome. While I wouldn't call any of these books scary, I did find them to be unsettling.

The Distant HoursThe Cruelest Month (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #3)I Was Anastasia

Then She Was GoneLet Me LieForce of Nature (Aaron Falk, #2)

The Great AloneThe Reckoning at Gossamer PondAnd Then There Were None

Check out more top ten lists at That Artsy Reader Girl.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a scary reader, but on occasion I do enjoy a nice Gothic read. Jaime's first novel definitely fits my idea of "Gothic," but I haven't read her other books. YET!! Also, the Agatha Christie adaptation of this novel creeped me out, though I haven't yet read a book by her, I do watch the movies/TV shows. Ooo! And the 'Anastasia' novel make me curious. *clicks on book link*

    Happy Top Ten Tuesday, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Distant Hours - that one definitely kept me guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Great Alone was intense. It kept me up way past my bedtime.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄