Friday, September 28, 2018

First Line Friday ~ Legacy of Mercy by Lynn Austin

I'm linking up with Hoarding Books to share the first line of my current read.

Legacy of Mercy (Waves of Mercy #2)

"I am still in bed, languishing in that lovely state between dreaming and wakefulness,when the note arrives."

What are you reading this weekend? Let me know in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! I’m sharing from an upcoming read, The Love Letter by Rachel Hauck, over on my blog today. Here are the first lines from the prologue, set during the American Revolution:

    “He must finish. He must. Stumbling, he fell to the damp earth of the maple swamp with the click-slap of musket fire ringing through the cold dew, his breath billowing.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds!

    Happy Friday!
    Today on my blog, I am sharing the first line from Lynn Austin’s novel Legacy of Mercy. I just started the book today and I am only on chapter two, so I will share the first line from there.

    “I don’t know how to answer my son Jakob.”

    Makes me want to read on! 😊

    Hope you have an excellent day, and a relaxing weekend filled with great reading!

    ReplyDelete


  3. Mine for this week is from Shattered Memories from Debbie Lynn Costellox
    It is about a great earthquake in Charleston, South Carolina , August 30, 1886.

    “Why can’t you have him arrested and demand our money back?” Olivia Macqueen frowned at her brother. It seemed a simple enough solution. She shuddered at the thought of once being engaged to the detestable man they now discussed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! My first line is from A Time to Love by Marion Ueckermann:

    “You can do this. You’ve done it a thousand times before.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m featuring lines from Susan Stoker’s Justice for Hope on my blog today. Hope you can stop by!

    Here, I am featuring lines from Dare to Love Again by Maddie Taylor. Here is the first line of chapter 13.

    “Esme went to work the next day, determined to keep her mind focused on the million and one things she had to do rather than letting more sexy Finn daydreams distract her.”

    Happy Reading!

    Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading

    ReplyDelete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄