Friday, February 2, 2018

First Line Friday ~ A Refuge Assured by Jocelyn Green

I'm linking up with Hoarding Books to share the first line of my current read.

A Refuge Assured

"Propping open the door to her shop, Vivienne Rivard listened to a distant rumble that vibrated the window and shivered in her chest. A rumble that might have been mistaken for thunder."

I'm about 25% into this amazing read. I'm really enjoying it. What are you reading right now? Let me know in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. The words underneath this gorgeous cover are just a beautiful!

    Here are the first couple lines from one I recently finished:

    Her head throbbed and grogginess gripped her. She rocked as if on giant waves. (from Thread of Revenge by Elizabeth Goddard)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from Kizzie’s Kisses by Zina Abbott:

    “Kizzie Atwell felt her breathing become more labored.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great story! Right now, I'm reading The Writing Desk by Rachel Hauck. :) Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to read this! It's next up on my to-read list.

    Over on my blog, I'm sharing the first lines from the three novellas in A Night in Grosvenor Square. It's a new Timeless Regency Collection. I'm 1/2 way done, and I'm loving it so much. Currently, I'm starting chapter 5 in the second story, so I'll share that first line here:

    "In spite of Anne's attempts to distract herself from thoughts of Davis Whitledge, hours of repetitive work allowed her mind to drift."

    ReplyDelete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄