
I loved this book! The characters are rich and layered. I love that I learned so much about The French Revolution and The Whiskey Rebellion. I studied both of these events in high school, but I have forgotten so much over the years. The main character is a lace maker which makes her a traitor to the new French government. She flees the country for America where she thinks she will be safe, but there is a lot of anti-French Monarchy sentiments in the states at this time. Alexander Hamilton makes an appearance as well as several lesser known historical figures.
I loved the faith thread that was woven through out the story. Vivienne is always looking for a literal and spiritual refuge and finally finds it in the end. I highly recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction.
I obtained this book for free for the purpose of review.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄