Here are my most recent reads and some of my thoughts.

| The second book in the Everstone Chronicles has lots of romance and a swoon worthy leading man. I loved the characters and the setting in this book. I'm looking forward to book three. I was received this book for free from the author for review. ![]() Last Ride to Graceland This one is a lot of fun. If your in the mood for a road trip book, this will probably fit the bill. A warning: there is quite a lot of profanity. I ended up switching from audio to print because I didn't want to hear anymore F bombs. Also, the title makes me sing Last Train to Clarksville. ![]() Lead Me Home Overall this was a good book. I liked the characters and the setting. It is, however, a heavy read. It deals with grief and depression, so it is pretty sad. And this title causes me to sing Take Me Home by Phil Collins. ![]() From This Moment I really enjoyed this historical mystery/romance. I did a full review here. ![]() A Tapestry of Secrets This was another good one, and, I think, the finale of the series. That always makes me feel like I have accomplished something. I did a full review here. Check out more Quick Lit posts at Modern Mrs. Darcy. | ||




These look like great summer reads. I feel the same way about finishing a series (like I accomplished something). I am one book away from finishing the Anne of Green Gables series and its been hard to read it because I have so many other books I am reading but once I do, it will feel nice to be done (though I really did love them!).
ReplyDeleteHere are my July reads: http://elle-alice.blogspot.ca/2016/07/july-book-reviews.html
Finishing Anne of Green Gables will be a huge accomplishment. Thanks for stopping by.
DeleteI'm adding some of these to my list. I recently start reading historical fiction and have enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteHistorical is my favorite genre.
Delete