Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Books Set in the Ancient World

Biblical fiction can be a sticky wicket for me. I don't mind edgy, gritty stories, but sometimes I find Christian writers romanticize the era. I prefer to read books with a realistic feel, even it makes me uncomfortable. Here are a few books that I feel have hit the mark.

Havah: The Story of EveThe Legend of Sheba: Rise of a Queen
The Pharaoh's Daughter (Treasures of the Nile, #1)Miriam (Treasures of the Nile, #2)
Delilah: Treacherous Beauty (Dangerous Beauty #3)Bathsheba: Reluctant Beauty (Dangerous Beauty, #2)
Esther: Royal Beauty (Dangerous Beauty, #1)Gods and Kings (Chronicles of the Kings, #1)
The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith, #2)A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion, #1)

Check out more top ten lists at The Broke and the Bookish.

4 comments:

  1. This TTT is great because I got to see books that I have never seen before.
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some new titles for me so thanks for sharing!
    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄