I'm linking up with Hoarding Books to share the first line of my current read.

"My Norman had never understood why I liked to hang laundry on the line when I had a perfectly good dryer inside."
What are you reading this weekend? Let me know in the comments.
Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteI love this first line.
On my blog this week, I'm sharing the first line from Stay With Me by Becky Wade:
"The hallway floor jolts downward beneath my feet, throwing me off balance."
Have a great weekend :)
I love the smell of air dried clothes! Happy Friday!!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great first line! :)
ReplyDeleteToday on my blog, I'm sharing from The Water Keeper by Charles Martin. I just started reading Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan Henry; here's the first line: "From the very beginning it was the Great Lion who brought us together."
Have a great weekend! Happy reading!
Looking forward to reading Susie’s new book.
ReplyDeleteMy first line is from a WWII book by Anne Greene: Angel With Steel Wings:
December 1943- Camp Davis, North Carolina
“Bad weather. Bad plane. Bad day. And I have a bad feeling.”
Happy Friday! 🙂
ReplyDeleteToday on my blog I’m sharing the first line from Unveiling the Past by Kim Vogel Sawyer. I’m currently reading Masquerade at Middlecrest Abbey by Abigail Wilson. It’s awesome!!! I’ll share a line from chapter 3 here.
“As with so many previous events in my life, my marriage proved the complete opposite of my dreams.”
Isn’t that a fantastic line? The novel is filled with lines like this. So good!
Have a great weekend! 🙂💚📚
Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteToday on my blog I shared the first line from Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner, but it's also my current read so I'll share the first line from where I'm at right now (chapter 18) here: "What was I thinking? What was I thinking? What was I thinking?" I'm loving the witty humor all throughout this one.
Happy reading!