Friday, May 1, 2020

April Wrap Up



Becoming Mrs. Lewis
Becoming Mrs. Lewis

I watched the movie about C. S. Lewis' late in life romance and marriage to Joy Davidman. It's a fascinating and complicated love story much like the main character of this book. If you're expecting a sweet christian romance, you will be disappointed. Joy was saved late in life and was married to a womanizer and a drunk at the time she met Jack. I loved this book and recommend it for readers who don't mind a little edginess in their fiction.

Consider The Cross: Devotions For Lent
Consider the Cross

I read this for Lent. I've already picked up something for next year, but if your looking for short, thoughtful devotions to read on your Kindle, this would fit the bill.

Daughter of Cana (Jerusalem Road #1)
Daughter of Cana

I'm always excited to read a new Angela Hunt book. I read this one over Easter week, which was the perfect time to dive into this story. I loved the premise of this book, and Tasmin is an excellent main character. I understood her frustration with her brother for just up and leaving her with all the responsibility. I also thought the author did a wonderful job fleshing out Jude's character. Watching him struggle with his relationship with Jesus was so interesting. I highly recommend this book for readers of biblical fiction.

I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher but I also purchased a copy for myself.

Before I Called You Mine
Before I Called You Mine

This contemporary romance was sweet and compelling. There were no easy answers for this couple, and I appreciate that the author didn't try to give them any. The chemistry was good, the banter was fun, and the story was realistic. This story will pull on your heart strings. Highly recommnded for readers of contemporary romance.

I received a free copy of this book for the purpose of review.



On the Bright Side: Stories about Friendship, Love, and Being True to Yourself
On the Bright Side

I love Melanie Shankle's writing. If you are looking for something light and fun but also thoughtful, this would be great. Her writing makes me laugh out loud. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄