I dedicated the month of May to reading as many review books as possible. I got through seven. That's a pretty good number for me. I'm ready to dive into summer reading without so many obligations hanging over my head. Here are my May reads and reviews.

I love this book so much! It gave me all the feels. It covers so many emotions and themes. Grief, family love, race, mental illness, loss, and starting over are all dealt with through out, but it never feels heavy handed or overly sad. The tone of this book is sweet and light although the subject matter is fairly heavy. I loved the characters. They are so well written and engaging. I highly recommend this book for readers who enjoy meaty stories with unforgettable characters.
I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley for the purpose of review.

I always find myself turning to Regency fiction for comfort reading. This book is no different even though it boasts a creepy house and ghostly happenings. I love this Cornwell series, and can't wait for the next installment. It's nice to read about "normal" people during this time period. The romance was lovely. The hero was dashing and the leading lady was sweet and kind. They were a couple to root for. I'm interested to see if the next book has people we've already met in it as this one did. I highly recommend this book to readers of historical romance.
I received this book from Netgalley for the purpose of review.

This was a thoroughly enjoyable contemporary romance. This is my first Becky Wade, and I really enjoyed it. I loved the characters, and I'm looking forward to getting to know them more as the series progresses. The back story of the Miracle Five is so interesting. I also loved the mystery that was woven in. It had me guessing the whole time. I highly recommend this book for readers of contemporary romance.
I received a copy of this book for review from Netgalley.

I love Christian Living books that give me a lot to think about and really encourage me to dig deep into God's word. This book is deceptively simple with it's "happy soul" catch phrases, but it has some profound points in it. If you have struggled with growth in your Christian walk, I would recommend this book. There is a lot of insight and practical tips to motivate you to get into the Bible and get to know God better.
I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley and I also purchased a copy for myself.

I really struggled with this book. I didn't care for either of the main characters, so that made it a hard book to read. I found their actions annoying and their attraction to each other a little unbelievable. I thought the book was well researched, so I enjoyed the parts about the insane asylum, however, it took a while for the story to get set up to get the protagonist in there. Once she was a patient, she just drove me crazy (pardon the pun). She seemed to go out of her way to make the staff mad at her so she would get a beating. I'll admit to skimming a lot. I can't say I would really recommend this one.
I received a free copy of this book fro review from Netgalley.

I really enjoyed this debut romance novel. I loved the exotic location, and I found the subject of butterflies interesting. The main character could be frustrating at times, but she experienced a lot of growth through out the book, and I really enjoyed the romance. While it wasn't perfect, it was enjoyable and fun.I would have liked to explore the Indian culture and religion more than we were able to. I felt like things got cut short for the sake of the love story. Still, it was a good read overall. I would recommend it to readers of historical romance.
I received a copy of this book from the publisher and Netgalley for the purpose of review.

I was really looking forward to this book. I loved the author's previous book, Whose Waves These Are. Unfortunately, this one really missed the mark for me. I just could not get into the either one of the plot lines. I can't really put my finger on why. I just felt disconnected from the characters and the story the whole time. I will definitely give this author another try, though.
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley for the purpose of review.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄