Friday, August 2, 2019

First Line Friday ~ The Killing Tide by Dani Pettrey

I'm linking up with Hoarding Books to share the first line of my current read.

The Killing Tide (Coastal Guardians, #1)

"Fire ripped through Finn's right shoulder, ricocheting down his arm."

What are you reading this weekend? Let me know in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, already drawing you in with this! My first line is from Ruth Ware's latest novel: https://donnasreadingchair.home.blog/2019/08/02/first-line-fridays-august-2nd-ruthware-thriller-readme-theturnofthekey/

    Currently I'm reading Summer Of '69 and Things You Save In A Fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from “Brett, Billionaire Bodyguard” by Autumn Macarthur & Alexa Verde:

    “Brett Jarvis grimaced, yawned, and snatched up his ringing cell phone. Two a.m. phone calls rarely meant good news, especially in his business.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday!

    On my blog, I'm sharing the first line from A Dangerous Legacy by Elizabeth Camden: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2019/08/01/first-line-friday-96/. I'm currently on chapter two of A Daring Venture by Camden. I'm on a Camden kick! 😀

    "By the time Rosalind arrived at the crowded Manhattan restaurant to meet Mr. Drake, her nerves were wound as tight as a piano wire."

    Hope you have an excellent weekend! 😀❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  4. On my blog today I'm sharing the first few lines from A Glitter of Gold by Liz Johnson but I'm currently reading Whose Waves These Are by Amanda Dykes so I'll share the first line from chapter 24 here: "Bess's words travel with Annie down to the landing." This book is soo good so far! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An intriguing opening line!

    I’m sharing on my blog the first line from Love and Other Mistakes by Jessica Kate.

    Natalie Groves eyed the bag of Gingerbread M&M’s on the other side of the office meeting room and prayed for a divine intervention of Red Sea proportions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to that one! Today I'm sharing the first lines from Midnight on the River Grey by Abigail Wilson: "'Who's there?' My mother's haunted whisper drew me to her bedside." Have a great weekend!

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/08/first-line-fridays-midnight-on-river.html

    ReplyDelete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄