I would say I can't believe July is over, but, honestly, it's been a really long month. I'm happy to see August coming. Another month to read, and another month closer to slightly cooler temps. I read seven books total this month. Unfortunately, there were more misses than hits. Oh well. I have some good books queued up on my Kindle for August and some high hopes to go along with them. Here are my thoughts on my July reads.

This was my favorite in this series so far. The story and the characters were rich and well developed. The chemistry was really well done. I don't enjoy mushy gushy love stories, and there was none of that here. I was rooting for this couple the whole time. There were so many obstacles in their way, physical and emotional. It was just such a great love story. Highly recommended if you enjoy historical romance.
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher for the purpose of review.

Time After Time
This was a total miss for me. I was expecting an epic time travel romance. Instead I got a couple of selfish brats living like millennials in the early twentieth century. I didn't care for any of the characters and felt like the story was a complete waste of time. Not recommended.

Garlic and Sapphires
I'm not a big memoir reader. I just don't gravitate towards them. This one was enjoyable enough. I enjoyed the stories although I found some of them a little over the top. The writing kept me interested. There is a lot of name dropping and high end food that I'm not particularly interested in. I'm a pizza and burger fan myself. If you like foodie books, you'll enjoy this one.

Yours Truly, Thomas
This was a sweet historical romance. I did a full review here.

The Mother in Law
I loved this thriller. Loved, loved, loved it. I listened to it on audio, but I think it would have been great in any format. Easily my favorite read of the month. Highly recommended.

When We Left Cuba
This one was kind of meh. The setting was amazing. I love reading about Florida. I loved all the Cuban history. The story was just hard for me to buy into. It's getting rave reviews, though. I didn't care for this author's last book either, so I think I just don't connect with her writing style. Give it a try if it sound interesting to you.

I Miss You When I Blink
This is a collection of essays. Some of them were great. a lot of them were kind of depressing. Overall, it was an ok read. I skimmed over the chapters that I didn't care for. Again, this isn't a genre I usually read, so if you like essays, you may enjoy it more than I did.
What did you read this month? Let me know in the comments.

Time After Time
This was a total miss for me. I was expecting an epic time travel romance. Instead I got a couple of selfish brats living like millennials in the early twentieth century. I didn't care for any of the characters and felt like the story was a complete waste of time. Not recommended.

Garlic and Sapphires
I'm not a big memoir reader. I just don't gravitate towards them. This one was enjoyable enough. I enjoyed the stories although I found some of them a little over the top. The writing kept me interested. There is a lot of name dropping and high end food that I'm not particularly interested in. I'm a pizza and burger fan myself. If you like foodie books, you'll enjoy this one.

Yours Truly, Thomas
This was a sweet historical romance. I did a full review here.

The Mother in Law
I loved this thriller. Loved, loved, loved it. I listened to it on audio, but I think it would have been great in any format. Easily my favorite read of the month. Highly recommended.

When We Left Cuba
This one was kind of meh. The setting was amazing. I love reading about Florida. I loved all the Cuban history. The story was just hard for me to buy into. It's getting rave reviews, though. I didn't care for this author's last book either, so I think I just don't connect with her writing style. Give it a try if it sound interesting to you.

I Miss You When I Blink
This is a collection of essays. Some of them were great. a lot of them were kind of depressing. Overall, it was an ok read. I skimmed over the chapters that I didn't care for. Again, this isn't a genre I usually read, so if you like essays, you may enjoy it more than I did.
What did you read this month? Let me know in the comments.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄