Friday, May 10, 2019

First Line Friday ~ The Refuge by Ann H. Gabhart

I'm linking up with Hoarding Books to share the first line of my current read.

The Refuge

"You can't cheat death."

What are you reading this weekend? Let me know in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. Over on my blog, I'm sharing the first line from Sherrinda Ketchersid's debut novel "Lord of Her Heart". Here I'll share the first line from chapter 11 of the same book.
    "Tension filled the air as servants jostled each other in a frantic pace to prepare meals for those at the tournament."

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a copy of this one right next to me! I'll be reading after my next book :)
    Today I shared the first line from Wooing Cadie McCaffrey by Bethany Turner but it's also the book I'm about to dig into so I don't have an extra line at the moment to share. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first line from my current read, The Highest of Hopes by Susan Anne Mason is:
    "There was no turning back now!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! Today I'm sharing the first line from The Brave Art of Motherhood by Rachel Marie Martin:

    "Over the past five years, I've lived what I've jokingly called a public private life."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/05/first-line-fridays-brave-art-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quote I'm sharing on my blog today is from the novella collection An Amish Reunion. This is the first line from page 81 of my current read, Who I Am With You by Robin Lee Hatcher:

    "Ignorance, Ridley discovered, isn't bliss."

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover and that house! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄