Friday, May 17, 2019

First Line Friday ~ Living Lies by Natalie Walters

I'm linking up with Hoarding Books to share the first line from my current read.

Living Lies (Harbored Secrets #1)

"Just Let Go."

What are you reading this weekend? Let me know in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! My first line is from “When He Returns” by author Kimberly Rae Jordan, which I haven’t started, but hope to start reading soon:

    Prologue
    “Dalton Callaghan stared at the gleaming wood casket at the front of the chapel, the profile of his friend just barely visible over the edge as he lay there.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great opening statement! Happy Friday Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog I am sharing the first couple of lines from The Printed Letter Bookshop by Katherine Reay. It’s a fabulous story that I highly recommend. Currently, I am just starting Wooing Cadie McCaffrey by the fantastic Bethany Turner so I will share a line from that book.

    “What a difference four years can make.”

    I hope your weekend is a great one. Happy reading! 🤗💙📚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! Living Lies is on my TBR stack! Today I'm sharing the first lines from The Crossing at Cypress Creek by Pam Hillman:

    "Caleb O'Shea jerked awake to utter stillness."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/05/first-line-fridays-crossing-at-cypress.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday! I'm sharing from The Cowboy Meets His Match by Margaret Brownley on my blog today. Here is the first line from Chapter 12 of my current read, Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan:

    "The second day in Oxford arrived, luminescent, the honey-hues of sunlight falling from the leaves to settle on the grass like spilled paint."

    ReplyDelete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄