Saturday, October 14, 2017

October Book Haul #1

I'm linking up with Tynga's Reviews and The Deliberate Reader to share this week's book haul.

This is the first book haul I've done for a while. I decided to wait til I had a fairly good amount of books to share. Here are my most recent acquisitions.

Physical Books:
Where We BelongTo Capture What We Cannot Keep

The Duchess of Bloomsbury StreetWhispersA Dangerous Place (Maisie Dobbs, #11)

Kindle Books:
A Tangled MercyFirst Impressions: A Novel of Old Books, Unexpected Love, and Jane AustenThe Welcome Home Diner

Church of the Small Things: The Million Little Pieces That Make Up a LifeThe Beautiful Mystery (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #8)

I won Welcome Home Diner in a Goodreads giveaway. It looks really cute. A Tangled Mercy is a Kindle First pick for the month of October, and it was recommended by Modern Mrs. Darcy. It looks really good. 

Does anyone know if you have to read the Maisie Dobbs books have to be read in order? I picked up A Dangerous Place at a library sale not realizing it's #11 in the series. 

Have you read any of these? Let me know in the comments. 

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice haul! I'm not sure if you have to read the Maisie Dobbs books in order; I didn't get on that well with the first one, but I've been wondering if I should dip into the series later on as Winspear's writing matured...

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. Maybe I'll just try the one I got, and see if I want to make the commitment.

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I've never read any of these books, but they sound great!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Beautiful Mystery - really, I just love the whole series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear it. I'm excited to really dig into it.

      Delete
  4. Nice haul! Love the covers! Happy reading them all!
    Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, awesome haul. Enjoy your new books and have a wonderful week. 😁❤️

    ReplyDelete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄