Happy Friday! I'm reading from an old book, and the kindle edition is free on Amazon. I have probably read it 10 times! My first line is from "Uncle Max" by Rosa Nouchette Carey:
"It appears to me, looking back over a past experience, that certain days in one's life stand out prominently as landmarks, when we arrive at some finger-post pointing out the road that we should follow."
My first line is from A Gilded Lady by Elizabeth Camden which I finished this week. June 30, 1900 There was no such thing as a typical day at the White House, but Caroline Delacroix’s morning took a particularly difficult turn the moment she walked into her crowded office,
Happy Friday!! Over on my blog I shared one of the lines from Key to Everything by Valerie Frasier Luesse “Sometime during the night, it had begun to rain, a steady downpour pelting the tin roof of Aunt Gert’s bungalow and lightly misting Peyton’s face.” https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2020/06/first-line-friday-key-to-everything.html
Happy Friday! I'm reading from an old book, and the kindle edition is free on Amazon. I have probably read it 10 times! My first line is from "Uncle Max" by Rosa Nouchette Carey:
ReplyDelete"It appears to me, looking back over a past experience, that certain days in one's life stand out prominently as landmarks, when we arrive at some finger-post pointing out the road that we should follow."
Toni’s book looks great!
ReplyDeleteMy first line is from A Gilded Lady by Elizabeth Camden which I finished this week.
June 30, 1900
There was no such thing as a typical day at the White House, but Caroline Delacroix’s morning took a particularly difficult turn the moment she walked into her crowded office,
Happy Reading!
Happy Friday!!
ReplyDeleteOver on my blog I shared one of the lines from Key to Everything by Valerie Frasier Luesse
“Sometime during the night, it had begun to rain, a steady downpour pelting the tin roof of Aunt Gert’s bungalow and lightly misting Peyton’s face.”
https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2020/06/first-line-friday-key-to-everything.html