Friday, January 24, 2020

First Line Friday ~ Veiled in Smoke by Jocelyn Green

I'm linking up with Hoarding Books to share the first line of my current read.

Veiled in Smoke (The Windy City Saga, #1)
Veiled in Smoke

"Meg's father was gone. Again."

What are you reading this weekend? Let me know in the comments.


6 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!
    Today on my blog I am sharing the first line from More Than We Remember by Christina Suzann Nelson: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2020/01/24/first-line-friday-120/. It's definitely an emotional read! I'm currently on chapter 16, so I will share the first line from there.
    "'Are you kidding me?' Emilia slammed down the phone."

    I hope you have an excellent weekend filled with fun reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! I'm hoping to read Veiled in Smoke this weekend! Today I'm sharing the first line from Lake Season by Denise Hunter: "The house was eerily silent."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2020/01/first-line-fridays-lake-season-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! I’m sharing from Walkabout, by James Vance Marshall on my blog today. Here is the first line from chapter 2:

    “The advance guard of sunlight filtered into the gully, turning the night to powdery opaqueness.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike ;)
    The book I shared on my blog this week is Veiled in Smoke by Jocelyn Green but the book I'm just about to start is The Printed Letter Bookshop by Katherine Reay so I'll share that first line here: "People parted around us in the courtyard." Hope you have a wonderful weekend with plenty of quality reading time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.

    "Marsh is not swamp."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read Veiled in Smoke last week! Just great!

    My first line is from End Game by Rachel Dylan:
    “I think they may be keeping dead bodies in their condo.”

    ReplyDelete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄