Sunday, December 2, 2018

November Wrap Up

I had a great month of reading. I enjoyed all of the books I read...mostly, and I reached my reading goal of sixty-five books! Here are the books I read and my thoughts.

The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill (Tales from Ivy Hill, #1)

This was my second read of this book. I did a full review here. I loved it just as much this time as I did the first time I read it. The characters and the setting are delightful. I highly recommend it. I was given a free copy from the publisher for review.

A Holiday by Gaslight

This was a new to me author, and I would love to read another one of her books. For a novella this had great character development. I loved the Victorian setting and all the little details included in the story. If your looking for a clean romance this Christmas season, this would be a great one to try.
I was given a free copy of this books from Netgalley for review.

The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations

I'm never really sure how to review novella collections. I enjoyed all four of the stories. I thought they tied together really well even though they were written by different authors. I think they would be enjoyed most read in order. Each story is set in a different time period, but the characters are all related and mentioned through out all the stories. If your looking for sweet historical romances this holiday season, you should give this book a try.

I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley for the purpose of review.

The History of Love

I have mixed feelings about this book. I enjoyed the writing structure and the story kept me interested. However, by the end I felt like I had missed something. I'm not sure I would recommend it. Maybe if your in the mood for something a little bit mind bending. Still, it was a good read that really made me think.

The Ladies of Ivy Cottage (Tales from Ivy Hill, #2)

This was a reread for me. This is book two in The Tales of Ivy Cottage series. Book three is coming out in a few days, so I wanted to refresh my memory. I did a full review here. You definitely want to read these in order. They are so much fun, and perfect for the holiday season. I received a free copy of this book for review.

What did your reading look like this month? Let me know in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. I tried the Ivy Cottage series, but abandoned it. Maybe I need to give it another try. We have very similar taste in books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know. I rarely go back to books I abandon though. Too many books to read.

      Delete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄