Friday, December 7, 2018

First Line Friday ~ The Bride of Ivy Green by Julie Klassen

I'm linking up with Hoarding Books to share the first line of my current read.

The Bride of Ivy Green (Tales from Ivy Hill, #3)

"Mercy Grove could no longer put off the painful task."

What are you reading this week? Let me know in the comments.

7 comments:

  1. I have just been introduced to author Stacey Weeks, and am excited to start reading her book “Mistletoe Melody”. Here is the first line:

    “Incoming!”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!
    This week on my blog I'm sharing from I know the Plans by Melissa Wardwell but it's also my current read so I'll share the first line from chapter 8 where I'm currently at: "So how are things going?" Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday!

    On my blog, I'm sharing the first couple of lines from Silent Days, Holy Night by Phyllis Clark Nichols. I'm just starting chapter 2 now, so I'll post the first lines from there.

    "'Since I can't go to Grancie's today, could I go tomorrow?' I didn't think Dad was looking, so I took another sugar cube and stirred it into my tea."

    Hope you have a great weekend filled with awesome reading time. 😀❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading Becoming Mrs. Lewis. It sounds like good reading abounds this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that one on my Kindle. Can't wait to read it.

      Delete
  5. Happy Friday! I'm sharing from Georgette Heyer's Envious Casca on my blog today, but here's the first line from the next Heyer book I'll be reading, Why Shoot a Butler?:

    "The signpost was unhelpful."

    ReplyDelete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄