Friday, November 16, 2018

First Line Friday ~ The Christmas Heirloom Novella Collection

I'm linking up with Hoarding Books to share the first line of my current read.

 The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations

"From a purely rational standpoint, Sarah Gooding should have been ecstatic with her present position."

What are you reading this weekend? Let me know in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! My first line is from “This Courageous Journey” by Misty M. Beller:

    “Today, we left the train – forever, if my aching limbs could decide the matter.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday. 😃

    Today on my blog, I am sharing the first line from Gone Too Soon my Melody Carlson. So far, I am enjoying the book. I'm just starting chapter 4 in Gone Too Soon, so I will share it's first line here.

    "I don't think anyone observed me sneak out the backdoor."

    Hope you have an excellent weekend! 📚💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent book!

    I am sharing the first sentence from the book Susie (Ray Rhodes, Jr), on my blog.
    I am on chapter six so I'll share its first line here.

    Before their first wedding anniversary, Susie and Charles faced a challenge that threatened to undo them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! On my blog this week I shared the first line of Searching for You by Jody Hedlund but it's also my current read so I'll share the first line from my current chapter (8) here: " Sophie stretched and yawned, relishing the scent of bacon and coffee and something sweet." I'm good for the bacon but I have to admit I don't like coffee OR the smell of it (yes, I know I'm the odd-ball lol). Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday!

    Today, my first lines come from A Vineyard Christmas by Jean Stone...

    The turnout was better than Annie had expected. It was, after all, a bitter, see-your-breath kind of morning, with a brisk December wind whirling around Vineyard Sound.

    Have an awesome weekend and stay warm!😊💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading Doon by Cary Corp and Lorie Langdon. The series starts, "I skidded to a halt in the crowded corridor, totally unprepared for a showdown with the evil witch of Bainbridge High."

    ReplyDelete

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄