Friday, August 21, 2015

Book Review: Bathsheba Reluctant Beauty by Angela Hunt

Bathsheba: Reluctant Beauty (Dangerous Beauty, #2)

I always start a Biblical fiction novel with a little hesitation. I have my own ideas about Bible characters that have been formed over many years. When I read Biblical fiction, I want a fresh idea of the character but a true account of the story. Angela Hunt has done both with this story of Bathsheba. I have read several novelizations of the David and Bathsheba story and this is definitely my favorite. The characters were so real and flawed. She captured the time period so well, which is very hard to do. I would not call this a romance, but a fictional biography. I can't wait for the next book in the series. I would recommend this book to readers who like rich historical fiction.

 I received this book for free for the purpose of review from Netgalley. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading this one at some point. I, too, like Biblical fiction, especially ones featuring women. The problem with that is that so many women in the Bible are pretty short on biographical info. So, fiction has to be included. I love it when an author can write and expand their story in a way that seems logical and true to the Biblical info that we have. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete