Tuesday, November 1, 2022

October 2022 Wrap Up

A Lady's Guide to Fortune-Hunting

A Lady's Guide to Fortune Hunting

This was a very cute, very witty regency romance. I liked both of the main characters. I would have enjoyed it more if they had feelings for each other a little sooner. It's a romance. You know what's going to happen. Give me some chemistry for crying out loud! But, if you love the time period, and you want something chaste, this story is recommended. I'll definitely pick up the next book. I'm hoping it's about the next sister in line. 


Jacqueline in Paris

Jacqueline in Paris

It was a lot of fun seeing Paris through Jackie Kennedy's eyes before she was Jackie Kennedy. This novel was well researched and beautifully written. I enjoy books set shortly after World War 2. They  are good reminders that things didn't go right back to normal. Wars and disasters take a while to recover from, and, in the case of this book, there were new challenges and evils to face. I found the second half of the book to be faster paced than the first, but it was overall a lovely read.

I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher for the purpose of review.

These Violent Delights

This book was a lot of fun for the month of October. It has a monster and a mystery and a VERY creepy setting. It's also a loose retelling of Romeo and Juliet. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.



2 comments:

I've had to start moderating comments. I've had a very persistent spammer.🙄