I'm linking up with Modern Mrs. Darcy to share the books I read this month and what I thought about them.

This one is going to be on my favorites list this year. I loved it. It reminded me of Big Little Lies with it's suburban setting and competitive moms. My big take aways from this book: be kind to people and pass word protect. Highly recommended.

I had some issues with this book. It's a crime thriller, which is not a genre I usually read. I enjoyed it for the most part, but the end got a little more descriptive than I would have liked. I also felt there was a lack of justice which made me sad. I doubt I'll continue on in this series. I would steer clear if child deaths are a trigger for you.

This was another book that was a little too gritty for me. I found the historical details interesting, but there is a torture scene that's just hard to get thru. Quite a lot of profanity, too, for the time period.

Loved this one! I can't believe this is based on real events. It's absolutely heart breaking. You'll definitely want some tissues handy. The story is told in two timelines, and I loved them both. I've enjoyed everything I've read by this author, but I think this is my favorite so far.

This was a delightful retelling of Jane Eyre from Mr. Rochester's point of view. I really enjoyed being able to see what was going on in the story when Jane wasn't around. I thought the author did a wonderful job with the Bertha story line, too. If you're a fan of Jane Eyre you will want to give this a try.

Definitely not my favorite by this author, especially after reading The Night the Lights Went Out. I actually abandoned it halfway through last year, and nearly did the same thing this time around. It just moved a little slowly for me, and there's a lot of info about bees.
Did you read anything good last month? Let me know in the comments.
Did you read anything good last month? Let me know in the comments.
I'm excited for Mr. Rochester - Jane Eyre is one of my favorites, so I'm interested to see another side of the story! I have The Alice Network on my TBR, too, but not sure I'll get to it any time soon!
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy Mr Rochester. It was a really great read.
DeleteI JUST got The Alice Network at the library today...now I'm a little less sure about it! Hopefully it's worth a 500 page read!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I read it because it's an interesting part of history. I just had to skim some parts.
DeleteI have ben curious about Mr. Rochester! I will add it to my TBR!
ReplyDelete