In honor of Independence Day here are some of my favorite books set during wars.
American Revolution


American Civil War





World War 1

World War 2





Obviously, I'm lacking a bit in WW1 fiction. If you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments. Have a great day!
The Rutherford Park series by Elizabeth Cooke and The Echo of Twilight take place before/during WW1. All good books!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recs Angela. Echo of Twilight has been on my radar for a while. I'll have to bump it up my list.
DeleteGosh, these all look so good! I really need to get my hands on a copy of The Summer before the War. Everybody seems to be talking about it :)
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed it, and it's one of those books you feel a little smarter after you've read it.
DeleteI love so many of these! :) Pepper Basham & Carrie Turansky both write WW1 fiction - and I would also suggest Laura Frantz and Amber Lynn Perry for Revolutionary Era. My TTT
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recs. I actually ha e all of these authors on my Kindle already. I'll have to move them up the list.
Delete