Saturday, April 1, 2017

March Wrap Up

Here are the books I read in March.

The War that Saved My Life

This was a Modern Mrs. Darcy flight pick for the month of March. It was a sweet story about a handicapped girl and her brother that are relocated during the blitz. It deals with some heavy themes in a very tender way. Great for middle grade children and adults.

The Illusionist's Apprentice

I loved this historical fiction about a woman who apprenticed under Harry Houdini. I did a full review here.

A Bridge Across the Ocean

I have mixed feelings about this one. Susan Meissner is hands down my favorite author, but I just don't like ghost stories. That being said, this book kept my interest the whole time, and I loved the WW2 war bride story. Not my favorite, but still a good book.

Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology

I read this one for the juicy memoir category in the Modern Mrs. Darcy reading challenge, and let me tell you, it was juicy! Beware that there is a lot of profanity, but if you want to read a tell all about Scientology, this will do it for you. I found Leah to be very honest, and I hope she continues to  succeed in her acting now that she has left the church. I'm hoping to catch some of her series about people who have left Scientology. 

 If I'm Found (If I Run #2)

I did a full review of If I'm Found here. I used it to fill the "unputdownable" category in the Modern Mrs. Darcy reading challenge.

What did you read this month? Let me know in the comments.

Check out more short, sweet book reviews at Modern Mrs. Darcy.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The War that Saved My Life. Such an interesting and well done look at the war from that perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I heard there was sequel coming out this year. I can't wait to read it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I am listening to the audiobook of The War That Saved My Life and loving it!

    ReplyDelete