Thursday, March 2, 2017

What I Read in February

I read four books in the month of February. It was a short month, so fewer books got read. That, and Amy Snow took FOR-EV-AH. But it was a good read, so it was worth the time. here is my reading report for February.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday

I'm really not sure how I feel about this one. There is an infant death which is a trigger for me, so it may have been a bad pick. Still, it kept me reading. I wanted to find out what happened and who did it. It's told through letters and diary entries, and it's told somewhat out of sequence, which I found a little confusing. I wasn't really satisfied with the ending, and there was a couple of disturbing scenes. Probably my least favorite of the month.

Amy Snow

This one was loooong. It clocked in at 576 pages. Just shy of the 600 pages for Modern Mrs. Darcy's reading challenge. I may still use it. The story is well worth the time it took, and it was a sweet, uplifting read after Mrs. Hockaday. I would recommend it if you enjoy Jane Eyre and Jane Austen.

A Long Time Gone

This was a fun dual time line story. It is pretty typical Karen White: family secrets, struggling child, struggling adult trying to help struggling child, sweet love story. If you enjoy southern family dramas, I would recommend checking her out. She has a book coming out in April that I'm looking forward to.

To the Farthest Shores

A very enjoyable historical romance. I did a full review here.

Check out more Quick Lit posts at Modern Mrs. Darcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment