Monday, February 27, 2017

Book Review ~ To the Farthest Shores by Elizabeth Camden

To the Farthest Shores

I always look forward to Elizabeth Camden's new release. She has a wonderful way of weaving history and romance together. She makes the history interesting and keeps the romance from getting too gushy. To The Farthest Shores is a fascinating look at the start of American espionage in the Navy and the start of pearl farming. I found all of this very interesting, and I also enjoyed the love story between Jenny and Ryan.

Forgiveness was a strong theme through out the story as both characters wrestled with past wrongs and hurts. Jenny was a hard character to like in the beginning. She was bitter about how she had been treated by Ryan, and it effected her actions through out the story. I thought Ryan was genuinely sorry for his actions, but struggled in communicating this to Jenny. I would like to have had more information about Ryan's time spying on the Japanese and his life with his first wife, but overall the characters were well developed.

I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy a little more romance with their history. It was a great read with a sweet romance.

 I received a free copy of this book for the purpose of review.


1 comment: