Thursday, April 16, 2015

Quick Lit ~ April Edition

Here are some of the books I have been reading lately.

Nobody's Cuter Than You: A Memoir about the Beauty of Friendship
I really enjoyed this memoir about friendship. I did a full review here.

A Sparrow in Terezin (Hidden Masterpiece #2)
I loved this frame story set in the present day and WW2. I reviewed it here.

The Sentinels (Harbingers Book 3)
Each of the books in this series are written by a different author. I wasn't really impressed with the first installment, but this one by Angela Hunt was pretty good. Sci-Fi with supernatural elements make for an interesting story.Each novella is under one hundred pages, so these are quick reads.

Everything the Bible Says About Prayer: How do I know God hears my prayers? What should I ask for when I pray? What does God say about worshiping in prayer? How should I pray for my family?
This book is more of a resource than a how-to or devotional. Each chapter covers a topic of prayer and a lot of scripture to refer to on that topic.

A Promise Kept
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. The stories were well told, and I loved the themes of prayer and redemption that were woven through out. I highly recommend it.

Check out more Quick Lit at Modern Mrs. Darcy.


No comments:

Post a Comment