Thursday, April 9, 2015

Book Review: Nobody's Cuter Than You

Nobody's Cuter Than You: A Memoir about the Beauty of Friendship

I have been reading the Big Mam blog for several years. I enjoy Melanie Shankle's wit and writing style. I have also enjoyed her two previous books, Green Sparkly Earrings and The Antelope in the Living Room. While her previous memoirs focused on motherhood and marriage, this one focused on female friendships.This is an interesting topic, because friendship can be a bit sticky for women. Melanie was blessed to have friends throughout her life. She is very honest about the good ones and the not so good ones. This book is a lovely tribute to friendship and a very entertaining read.

Going into this book I expected a lot of humorous stories mixed in with touching moments. This book lived up to my expectations. Melanie has a writing style that is warm and friendly and easy going. I enjoyed her humor and honesty.I would recommend this books to any woman who likes memoirs. If you haven't read memoir before, Melanie's books would be a great place to start.

I received this book from Tyndale for free for the purpose of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment