Monday, April 27, 2015

Book Review: Still Life by Christa Parrish

Still Life

Still Life is the second book I have read by Christa Parrish. I have several of her books on my Kindle, and I always mean to get around to reading them. I really enjoyed this one. It explores the themes of love, grace, grief, and finding your true home. I loved Ada's story, and I would have liked it if the entire book was about her. She and her husband have an interesting relationship. He rescued her from a cult where she was kept from the outside world.

 This book gives you a lot to think about. It is told from the POV of several characters. The author does an excellent job making each voice unique. The ending is left open for more story, so I am hoping for a sequel. 

I would recommend this book to someone who enjoys character driven fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment