Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Favorite Frame Stories

Frame Story
a secondary story or stories embedded in the main story.

a narrative providing the framework for connecting a series of 
otherwise unrelated stories.

a literary device that uses such a narrative structure.

I love historical fiction. I love women's fiction. Naturally, I love a combination of the two. Here are some of my favorite frame stories. Check them out. 

 Secrets of a Charmed Life

The Shape of Mercy

Sarah's Key

Chateau of Secrets

The Butterfly and the Violin (Hidden Masterpiece, #1)

The Story Keeper (Carolina #2)

A Fall of Marigolds

The Prayer Box

The Girl in the Glass

A Sound Among the Trees

Check out more top ten lists at The Broke and the Bookish.

4 comments:

  1. I like your topic - frame story. And I've not read any of the books listed. Although I have heard of several of them. Thanks for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting topic for TTT!!! I enjoyed reading Sarah's Key for a book club a few years ago. Here's my link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/03/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-for-readers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Sarah's Key was very good. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete