Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Childhood Favorites

Here are some memorable books from my childhood I would like to revisit.

Charlotte's WebLittle House on the Prairie (Little House, #2)Indian Captive: The Story of Mary JemisonShoo Fly GirlBlubberDouble Love (Sweet Valley High, #1)Love At First Sight (A Blossom Valley Book) (First Love From Silhouette)Susannah (Sunfire, #2)Trixie Belden and the Mystery at Maypenny's (Trixie Belden, #31)

Wow! So many memories. I don't think I would have survived Jr. High without the Blossom Valley and Sweet Valley High books. What were some of your childhood favorites?

 Check out more top ten lists at The Broke and the Bookish.


2 comments:

  1. I loved Trixie Belden! And Nancy Drew and Robin Kane and the Hardy Boys...you see a theme here. Love that you used the vintage covers. Very nice list. I went to my teen years to come up with mine and had a great time doing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a TON of the Sweet Valley High books as well at that age and loved them but I wasn't sure they would hold up... I listen to a podcast where they read the first book in the series and pointed out all these unhealthy self-image and sexist things in it which doesn't surprise me. My real reluctance though is just that I don't enjoy contemporary YA anymore so not sure if I would re-capture my love for them. Awesome list that brought back many memories!

    ReplyDelete