Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Bookish Pet Peeves

I love reading. However, there are few things about the reading experience that can really bug me. Here are a few of my bookish pet peeves.

Names I can't pronounce ~ This happens a lot in the Fantasy genre. It bugs me. A LOT. I find it very distracting. I just keep reading it over and over, trying to figure it out. I know there's a glossary in the back, but who wants to flip to the back of the book every time there's a name.

Book two in a series ~ There are very few series I enjoy the whole way through. I don't know why I keep trying. They just start out so great. Then comes book two, and it's  a huge disappointment. I have to find out what happens, so then I read book three. It ends on a huge cliffhanger. Finally, four years later, I finish the whole series only to find the author is starting a spin off series with some of the secondary characters. ARRRGH!

Mass Market Paperbacks ~ They are too small, and they look funny next to the other books on my shelf.

Cover Changes ~ I'm not a big book collector, but I do like the books I have to look good together.

Gushy Love Stories ~ I generally don't read Romance novels. 

Finding the Kindle book on sale after I have paid full price for the physical book ~ This is my number one pet peeve. It bugs me to my very core. 

There are few of my bookish pet peeves. check out more top ten lists at The Broke and the Bookish.


2 comments:

  1. I laughed about your Kindle full price and then Kindle sale. How many times has that happened to me? And conversely, there are so many books that are very cheap and I have to almost physically restrain myself. That one-click thing dangerous. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a love/hate relationship with one click. Mostly love because there are so many great deals. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete