Saturday, February 14, 2015

Quick Lit ~ February

Here's what I've been reading and what I plan on reading next.

Like a Flower in Bloom
Like a Flower in Bloom
This was my read for Valentine's week. I am not a big fan of romances, but Siri Mitchell always writes one I enjoy. This one involved a smart botanist who cannot get the men in her life to take her seriously and a sheep farmer who can't get the botanist to take him seriously. Very cute and funny.

Secrets of a Charmed Life
Secrets of a Charmed Life
This one will be on my favorites of 2015. I love Susan Meissner's writing. This one was even better than I thought it would be. Loved it!

The Club
The Club
This one was pretty good. I was asked by the author to review it. It has an interesting premise and lots of twists and turns. This time line was a little confusing, but I liked the two detectives working the case. If you like mystery/thrillers give it a try.

Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds
Women of the Word
I read this in one night. It didn't really say anything I hadn't already heard, but the writing was engaging. It's pretty much inductive Bible study, but simpler. It's definitely worth the read.

Currently Reading:
All Right Here (The Darlings #1)
All Right Here
I'm enjoying this family drama, and looking forward to the next installment.

Up Next:
For Such a Time
For Such a Time
I've had this one on my shelf for a while. I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Check out more Quick Lit at Modern Mrs. Darcy.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until my library finally gets Secrets of a Charmed Life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful book. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete