Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Book Review: Deadly Echoes by Nancy Mehl

 Deadly Echoes (Finding Sanctuary #2)

This romantic suspense story follows Sarah Miller as she tries to discover who her sister's killer is. At first the murder looks like a robbery gone wrong, but as the evidence reveals itself, this murder bears a striking resemblance to Sarah's parent's murder years before. Sarah and her friend Paul have to find out who the real killer is before he comes after Sarah.

I thought this story was fast paced and interesting. Every chapter seemed to have a cliffhanger that made me want to keep reading. I also liked the small town setting. Sarah's mentor Janet was a strong character that helped guide and encourage Sarah as she was making decisions and struggling with self doubt.

Unfortunately, I can't say I enjoyed the writing style. There was a lot of telling instead of showing, and many of the conversations seemed forced and overly formal. I was hoping for a little more romance, too.

Overall, this was an entertaining read. If you like romantic suspense, you will probably enjoy this book. It does stand on its own, but there are spoilers for the first book in the series, Gathering Shadows. I would recommend starting with book one.

I received this book from Bethany House for free for the purpose of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment