Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Book Heroines

Here are some of my favorite ladies in literature.
1268716
Jane Eyre ~ I want to be Jane when I grow up.

A Proper Pursuit
Violet Hayes ~ smart, clever, and very determined

Wonderland Creek
Alice Grace Ripley ~ This girl puts up with a lot, and finally gets the adventure she has always wanted.

The Restorer (Sword of Lyric Series #1)
Susan Mitchell ~ No ordinary soccer mom

After the Leaves Fall (Threads of Change #1)
Julie Desmit ~ I have never rooted for anyone harder.

For Time and Eternity
Camilla Deardon ~ My heart broke for her.

Doesn't She Look Natural (Fairlawn, #1)
Jennifer Graham ~ This woman got her act together and became a funeral home director.

Persuasion
Anne Elliot ~ We need more people like Anne in this world.

Those are some of the women in books who have stuck with me. Check out more top ten lists at The Broke and the Bookish.

6 comments:

  1. Anne and Jane are lovely choices. I think I've a couple of Lynn Austin's books, but not those. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I loved Camilla Deardon too! Still need to read book 2 in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane Eyre is my favorite from on your list. She was so sweet and good and wanted to make sure she did what was right, even when she was treated so wrongly. Plus her wit, who could resist that?

    ReplyDelete