Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November Reading Wrap Up

I read six books this month. My Goodreads goal for the year is seventy. I am currently at 68, so I should make it with no problem. Here are the books I read in November and what I thought about them.

Shadow of the Storm (Out From Egypt, #2)
I was on the influencer team for this book. It was a lot of fun, and I got a free book. I did a full review here. I highly recommend this series, and I'm really looking forward to the last book coming out next year.

To Have and to Hold
To Have and to Hold: Three Autumn Love Stories
This was a really cute novella collection I won in a Goodreads giveaway. The one by Katie Ganshert was my favorite.

A Sound Among the Trees
A Sound Among the Trees
I featured this book in my big, creepy house post here. It would be easy to call this a ghost story, but it's really more about spiritual strongholds and the things that hold us back from living full lives. Highly recommended, especially if you are looking for something a little creepy at Halloween.

Newton and Polly
Newton & Polly: A Novel of Amazing Grace
This was an excellent fictional bio of John Newton and his wife Polly. I did a full review here.

All the Pretty Things
All the Pretty Things: The Story of a Southern Girl Who Went Through Fire to Find Her Way Home
When I first started this memoir, I didn't think I would be able to make it all the way through. It has some very heavy subject matter, but the writing style makes it very readable. I did a full review here.

Stones for Bread
Stones for Bread
I was a little disappointed in this one. I have read a couple of other books by this author and really enjoyed them. I just don't enjoy books about food. They make me hungry, and there are a lot of long descriptions that don't really move the story along. If you want to read a book by Christa Parrish, I would recommend Still Life.

Let me know what you have been reading lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment