Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Book Review ~ Shadow of the Storm by Connilyn Cossette

Shadow of the Storm (Out From Egypt, #2)

Shadow of the Storm is book two in the Out From Egypt series by Connilyn Cossette. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in the series, Counted With the Stars, and I was looking forward to getting back with these characters. This was a strong follow up to the first book. The main character was Shira, but the story of Kiya and Eban was developed a little more, also.

Shira was an interesting character to focus on. She had a lot of struggles, but really grew emotionally over the course of the story. I really felt for her when she ran up against people that wanted her to fail. I did not like Dvorah at all. Which, of course, was the point. She was a great antagonist.

The faith elements were woven into the story very well. Themes of forgiveness, prayer, and trusting God were present through out the book. I also felt the characters were true to the time period. This is an excellent Biblical series, and I'm looking forward to the next installment due out next year.

I received this book for free for the purpose of review.


No comments:

Post a Comment