Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Series That Would Make Great TV Shows

Here are some series I think would make great TV shows. I'd watch them. I picked out a few for my mom, husband and daughters as well.

At Home in Mitford (Mitford Years, #1)
My mom loves these books.

Redemption (Redemption, #1)
There are so many books in the Baxter family series, there would be plenty of material to work with.

The Yada Yada Prayer Group (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #1)
These books feature a quirky and diverse group of ladies. The inner city Chicago setting makes it even more interesting.

Green Rider (Green Rider, #1)
These are my husband's favorite books. He says they should be made into a TV show. Think Game of Thrones, but a little more family friendly.

Invisible (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #1)
Another one of my mom's favorites. She compares Ivy Malone to Jessica Fletcher.

All Right Here (The Darlings #1)
There are only two books in the Darling Family series so far, but there is lots of drama already. The small coastal Maine town would make a great setting.

Doesn't She Look Natural (Fairlawn, #1)
The Fairlawn Trilogy holds a special place in my heart. It feature a great heroine, a small town in Florida, and a family owned funeral home.

The Fairy-Tale Detectives (The Sisters Grimm, #1)
I asked my younger daughter what books she would pick for a TV show, and she said The Sister's Grimm.

Spellbound (The Books of Elsewhere, #2)
She also picked The Books of Elsewhere series.

The Heir (The Selection, #4)
The Selection series would be a great YA series. The costumes would be beautiful.

Check out more top ten posts at The Broke and the Bookish.


1 comment:

  1. You've got several here that I've read at least parts of - some Jan Karon and some of the Baxter books. I think I've read all the YadaYada books - loved them. And I'm pretty sure I read the first Sisters Grimm book. Nice selection and, yes, adaptations would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete