Saturday, September 23, 2017

September Book Haul #3

I have a smallish haul this week, but I'm really excited about all three of them. They are all new releases, and two of them are physical book. I usually get ebooks when the go on sale. I'm cheap and they don't take up any shelf space. However, there are some books that are so pretty I want to hold them and smell them and put them on my shelves so I can look at them. Here are the books I picked up this week.

Kindle
To Wager Her Heart (Belle Meade Plantation, #3)

Physical Books
Awaken: 90 Days with the God who SpeaksReading People: How Seeing the World through the Lens of Personality Changes Everything

I decided to get Tamera Alexander's books whenever they go on sale. She writes historical romance with a lot of really interesting details. They're comfort reads for me. A little bit of substance, a little bit of fluff.

 I pre-ordered Reading People a while a go so I could take advantage of the pre-order deals. It's a beautiful book, and it has the added benefit of the matchbook price on Kindle. I'll probably download it for $2.99 when I'm ready to read it. I wish more publishers would do this.

I've seen Awaken around the internet for the past couple of weeks, so when I saw it was on sale at Lifeway I picked it up. It's been a while since I've had a new devotional. I'm two days in and loving it so far.

What books did you get this week? Did you find any good sales? Let me know in the comments. Check out more book hauls at Tynga's Reviews.


10 comments:

  1. Nice haul! Reading People looks really interesting! I hope you'll enjoy all the books you got! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think it's not the number of books you've added to the shelves but the quality and it sounds like you've picked some books you'll really enjoy here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I definitely need to go with quality over quantity.

      Delete
  3. I prefer to get e-books on sale too. They can get so expensive. :-( But the convenience is a definite plus. I've been wanting to try something by Tamera Alexander. To Wager Her Heart looks really good. I also like the sound of Reading People. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Happy reading.

      Delete
  4. Ooo Reading People sounds so interesting! I listen to Anne Bogel's podcast, I'll have to check out her book sometime.
    I've never heard of Tamera Alexander but she looks right up my alley! Sometimes all I want is a slightly fluffy comfort read :)

    My stacking the shevles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Anne's podcast. My TBR has gotten huge because of it.I'm excited to read her book.

      Delete
  5. I also only got three books this week, which is sort of great, since I'm drowning in ARCs :D
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of ARCs I need to get to also. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete