Saturday, May 6, 2017

April Wrap Up

Here are the books I read in April and some of my thoughts.

Truly Madly Guilty

Big Little Lies blew me out of the water. This one, not so much. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I had read it first. I felt like it was trying to hard to have big twists. It was okay. I used it for the place you want to visit category for the MMD reading challenge.

The Wife, the Maid, and the Mistress

This was the Modern Mrs. Darcy book club pick for April, and I loved it. It was a lot of fun and kept me guessing until the end. If you like fictionalized accounts of real life events, you would probably enjoy this one.

A Stranger at Fellsworth (Treasures of Surrey, #3)

I have really enjoyed this whole series. I reviewed this one here.

The Secret Keeper

I saw the twist coming in this one, but it was still really enjoyable. I'm looking forward to reading more by Kate Morton.

A Secret Courage (The London Chronicles #1)

This was a very enjoyable WW2 mystery. I reviewed it here.

The Memory of You

I was given this one for free for review.
This is a well written story with great characters. It deals with sensitive topics such as depression, mental illness, and grief. I would recommend this book if you enjoy contemporary women's fiction.

A Fragile Hope
A Fragile Hope

I didn't like this one. Here's my review.

Check out more book reviews and reading wrap ups at Modern Mrs. Darcy.



No comments:

Post a Comment