Friday, May 20, 2016

Book Review ~ The Progeny by Tosca Lee

The Progeny (Descendants of the Blood Countess #1)

I have read and enjoyed all of Tosca Lee's biblical fiction. While I enjoyed The Progeny, it is totally different than her more recent work. I found the story line to be fast paced and exciting. It follows a young woman who is a direct descendant of the worst serial killer of all time. She has had her memory wiped to protect the other descendants known as the progeny. They have been hunted down throughout history by a secret society, so there is always someone after her.

I really loved the setting of this book. Much of it is set in underground Europe which gives it an urban fantasy feel. There are a lot of strange masked characters that keep you guessing. You never know who to trust, and there are some great plot twists. I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series. 

A warning: this book is a little edgy for Christian fiction. The main characters sleep together, and some of the language is rough. I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy thrillers or books about secret societies.

 I received this book for free from Netgalley for the purpose of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment