Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Books I Will Probably Never Read

Here are some books I will probably never read. For the most part, they are too long, or there is a perfectly good movie to watch instead. I could only come up with nine.

Gone with the WindMoby-Dick; or, The WhaleWar and PeaceGreat ExpectationsMiddlemarch
Les MisérablesWolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell, #1)Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1)

Check out more top ten lists at The Broke and the Bookish.

5 comments:

  1. You have some really long books here. I've read Gone With the Wind - long ago and a long book. And I've read the Harry Potter book and it might be my favorite of the series. Otherwise, nope - not read and very likely won't. Enjoying seeing what people have listed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first three Harry Potter books. Then I saw the movies, and decided not to worry about reading the rest of the books. I dunno. Maybe some day.

      Delete
  2. Yes, long books can be pretty intimidating. I'm with you on Les Mis! I tried it and...I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a good chunk of Les Mis a couple of years ago. I love the story, I just don't see myself ever finishing the book. Maybe I'll read an abridged version some day, or listen to the audio book.

      Delete
  3. I tried Les Mis .. I gave it a month or so, but just couldn't finish it. Was quite a slog. I did like Wolf Hall, though Hilary Mantel isn't casual reading. Jill - do yourself a favor and read both Gone With Wind and Middlemarch - they are two of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete