Monday, May 4, 2015

Book Review: Better all the Time



Better all the Time is the second book in the Darling Family series. I really enjoyed book one, All Right Here, and I have been looking forward to reading book two for a while. This was a very good installment in the series. The Darling's are a fun, quirky family that lives in a small community in Maine. Each of the siblings is unique and flawed. I love the family dynamics, and the faith message is woven in very well.

This book focuses on the two younger sisters, Sephy and Amy. Amy struggles with perfectionism, and Sephy struggles with her weight. Their older sister Laura continues her story line from the last book. I really missed Ivy, the main character from book one. She has a much smaller role this time. I hope she is more prominent in book three. 

The story telling is very good in both of the books. I also enjoy the character development. Everyone is a little more mature and likable by the end. The author left a lot up in the air, so I am looking forward to the next book. I would recommend this book to fans of family dramas like Karen Kingsbury's Baxter Family series.

I received this books for free from Tyndale for the purpose of review.


No comments:

Post a Comment