Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Books Set in the Ancient World

Biblical fiction can be a sticky wicket for me. I don't mind edgy, gritty stories, but sometimes I find Christian writers romanticize the era. I prefer to read books with a realistic feel, even it makes me uncomfortable. Here are a few books that I feel have hit the mark.

Havah: The Story of EveThe Legend of Sheba: Rise of a Queen
The Pharaoh's Daughter (Treasures of the Nile, #1)Miriam (Treasures of the Nile, #2)
Delilah: Treacherous Beauty (Dangerous Beauty #3)Bathsheba: Reluctant Beauty (Dangerous Beauty, #2)
Esther: Royal Beauty (Dangerous Beauty, #1)Gods and Kings (Chronicles of the Kings, #1)
The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith, #2)A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion, #1)

Check out more top ten lists at The Broke and the Bookish.

4 comments:

  1. This TTT is great because I got to see books that I have never seen before.
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some new titles for me so thanks for sharing!
    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete