Thursday, December 2, 2010

Book Review:Just Between You and Me

I read a lot. One of the things I wanted to do on this blog is discuss some of the books I read throughout the year. One that I read this week is Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones. I will start right out by saying I liked it. It was a quick, easy read. I like that kind of book.

Just Between You and Me is about woman named Maggie who has to return to her hometown to care for her young niece. Of course she has to confront her old life, which she has spent years trying to get away from. She also has to confront painful memories of her mother's death, and her own fears.

There is definitely a strong message in this book about giving your fears over to God, and going out on a limb to do what He wants you to do. I thought the author did a fairly good job getting her point across without being too preachy. The main character in the book is smart and sassy. I enjoyed getting to know her through out the book. By the end, I was really rooting for her to get everything worked out.

 I would recommend this book to someone who enjoys chick-lit or romance. It's a fun book with a good message. And that ladies and gentlemen is my first book review.

No comments:

Post a Comment