Monday, November 29, 2010

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We did. I am always relieved when the turkey comes out of the oven, and I realize I haven't ruined it. It tasted very good this year, and to my delight and surprise there was a gravy packet in the turkey! I am now a loyal Jenny-O customer.

We put our tree up on Friday and decorated the house. It looks great. I may try to put a picture up in a few days. Today I wanted to talk music. I am a musician. I love music. And I really love Christmas music. I still have the first Christmas carol book I played out of when I was 7 years old. I have very fond memories of listening to Christmas music growing up. My mom was partial to Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby, and Evie. Over the years I have collected my own favorites. Here they are in no particular order:

                                                Christmas - Michael W Smith
                                                Christmastime-Michael W Smith
                                                It's the Thought That Counts - Twila Paris
                                                Peace On Earth - Casting Crowns
                                                One Christmas Eve - Wayne Watson
                                                A Christmas Story - Point of Grace

I must say, Christmas by Michael W Smith is probably my favorite. It came out shortly after Russty and I were married. Listening to it makes me feel like a newly wed again. What are some of your favorites?

3 comments:

  1. The family favorite (including my favorite) has to be Christmastime by Micheal W Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day by Casting Crowns, and O Come, O Come, Emmanuel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Elin! I love "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel!

    Love the blog Jill!!

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete