Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

I mentioned yesterday that I might be trying a pumpkin bread recipe. My mom loves pumpkin bread, and she has mentioned several times that she has had trouble finding it in the Walmart bakery this year. Well, the thought of my mother wandering through the Walmart bakery not finding pumpkin bread broke my heart. Of course I pulled every cook book I owned off the shelf, and made finding a good recipe a priority.

As it turned out , I only found one. It is very good. I have set one loaf aside for my mother, and the other we have been nibbling off of all morning. Here it is. It goes really well with coffee.

                                            Pumpkin Bread

                                            1&1/2 cups sugar
                                            1/2cup oil
                                            2 eggs
                                            1/3 cup cold water
                                            1 cup pumpkin
                                            1/2 chopped nuts
                                            1 3/4 all purpose flour
                                            1 teaspoon baking soda
                                            1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
                                            1 teaspoon cinnamon
                                            1/4 teaspoon salt
                                            1/2 cup chopped dates

Cream together sugar and oil. Add eggs one at a time, then add water and pumpkin. Sift and add the flour, baking soda , nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Makes 2 loaves. Wrap in foil immediately to retain moisture.

Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving  tomorrow? I think I am. I have reviewed the turkey and gravy tutorials on http://www.kraftrecipes.com/home.aspx, my turkey is thawed, and I am ready to wrestle it into submission tomorrow morning.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment