Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Banana Bread

I love baked goods. Cookies, cinnamon rolls, muffins, cake...love 'em. Give me a muffin and a cup of coffee and I am happy. I have a very tasty banana bread recipe I thought I would share today. I baked it last night so we could have it for breakfast this morning. Yes, I had it with a cup of coffee, and yes, I was happy. Here it is:

                                  Banana Bread
                             
                                  1 cup of butter or margarine
                                  1/2 cup of white sugar
                                  1/2 cup of brown sugar
                                  1 cup ripe mashed bananas
                                  2 cups all-purpose flour
                                  2 eggs
                                  1 teaspoon baking soda
                                  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
                                  1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Cream butter and sugar, add all other ingredients. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Serve warm with butter or cream cheese spread ( and coffee).

I might be trying my hand at pumpkin bread tonight. We'll see. Do any of you have any recipes that go great with coffee? I'd love to try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment